The Komara Sea Devil is a robust oil skimmer suitable for use in harsh conditions. It comes equipped with two hinged star disc banks that even operates in icy conditions. The toothed discs work to lift the oil up over raised weir lip to minimize water pick up. Optional brush units can be used to operate more effectively in the recovery of light oils. This unit can recover oil at up to 440 gallons per minute.
The system is supplied with a power pack, which incorporates two important safety features: a spark arrestor to prevent sparks from the exhaust igniting an ignition source; and an engine overspeed shutdown valve to protect the engine and operatives. Thrusters and remote controls are available for increased maneuverability.
- Recovery: up to 440 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Design: Tooth disc or brush
- Weight: 963 lbs
- Dimensions: 88 in x 53 in x 50 in
- Recommended: Medium to heavy oil
- Application: Ports, harbors, coastal or offshore