Texas Boom Company can provide custom-built containment boom reels that allow for storage of boom while keeping it at the ready for quick and easy deployment. Because the boom reels are powered, it allows for the boom to be deployed or retrieved with smaller teams. Manually operated boom reels with brakes are also available. The boom reels can either be skid mounted or trailer mounted. The skid mount boom reels can be installed in position or are staged where sufficient material handling equipment can be used to load and transport to a deployment site. The boom reels mounted on trailers sit at the ready to be transported directly to a spill location. Some boom reel setups combine the benefits of both skid mount and trailer mount, allowing for the skid mount to be removed from the trailer to a workboat or barge for deployment.
- Marine-grade aluminum or epoxy-coated steel construction for corrosion resistance
- Lifting Eyes and Forklift Pockets
- Remote Operation and Other Custom Options Available
- Power Pack Drive Options Include:
- Electric-Hydraulic (standard or explosion-proof)
- Diesel-Hydraulic (cart of skid mounted)
- Battery Powered