The robust design of the Komara Maxi oil skimmer makes it useful both inshore and offshore. This skimmer offers six banks of discs (or interchangeable brushes) that collect oil 360 degrees around its perimeter. This design can handle light to heavy oil, and is suitable offshore in seas up to seven feet. The versatility of this skimmer have lead to it use by response teams, governments and coast guards worldwide.
The Komara Maxi is powered by a Vikoma powerpack. This powerful water cooled diesel driven powerpack drives the variable speed transfer pump and the disc banks. It also requires a hose kit. This can be purchased in 10 foot containers that can house one or two systems.
- Recovery: up to 220 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Design: Six banks of Olephilic discs
- Weight: 507 lbs
- Dimensions: 71 in x 69 in x 42 in
- Recommended: Light to heavy oil
- Application: Harbors, coastal, or open water