The robust design of the Komara Maxi oil skimmer makes it useful both inshore and offshore. This skimmer offers six banks of discs (or interchangeable brushes) that collect oil 360 degrees around its perimeter. This design can handle light to heavy oil, and is suitable offshore in seas up to seven feet. The versatility of this skimmer has lead to its use by response teams, governments and coast guards worldwide.
The Komara Maxi is powered by a Vikoma powerpack. This powerful water cooled diesel driven GP 35 powerpack drives the skimmer mounted variable speed transfer pump and the disc banks. It also requires a hose kit including 50 ft hydraulics and 150 ft discharge). This can be purchased in 10 foot containers that can house one or two systems.
- Recovery: up to 220 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Design: Six banks of Olephilic discs or Olephilic brushes
- Weight: 507 lbs
- Dimensions: 71 in x 69 in x 42 in
- Recommended: Light to heavy oil
- Application: Harbors, coastal, open water, offshore