Texas Boom offers a unique oil containment boom designed specifically for use in waterways where strong currents or tides are prevalent. The skirt on the River Boom is vented, allowing for some of the current to pass through the skirt to reduce the pressure on the boom. In addition, an additional ballast chain is added to strengthen the boom and provide additional ballast to keep the skirt positioned vertically. These design features will prolong the life of the boom and make it easier to keep the boom located correctly. This type oil containment boom features semi-flexible internal foam floats and flexible fabric draft skirts that are suspended below the surface. 50 ft and 100 ft sections are in stock, and custom orders are available upon request.
- Constructed using 100% RF Welds
- High-tensile-strength aluminum end connectors are universally compatible
- Flotation segments are 3 feet long for superior wave conformity and ease of handling and storage.
- Designed for deployment and standard spill containment in a wide range of situations.
- Available in heights from 18 inches to 36 inches
Commonly used containment boom sizes (custom sizes and features available):
|Product Number||Overall Height||Float Freeboard||Skirt Draft||Applications|